Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real - Birthday and Car Wash Edition

~Pretty~

I thought that my summer birthday cake for Joseph's party turned out "pretty."  I was going to do some themed cake deal, but since Joseph loves fruit and berries so much it seemed the easier way to go.



~Happy~

Well, now, I think under the category of "Happy" should be some pictures of a very cute one-year-old enjoying a chocolate cupcake!  (round two of birthday celebrations).



 
One of my favorite parts of a first birthday... except for the half-hour scrubbing they need after.  :)


~Funny~

Yesterday I drove through the car wash with the boys.  I explained to Stephen all the steps, and he was fascinated by all the mechanics and brushes and lights and such.   Apparently this was a Big Deal... so he spent most of the morning constructing and washing his Hot Wheels in the Play-Dough car wash.


 
~Real~

Just thought I'd share a snapshot that beautifully illustrates what it looks like to try and read a book to BOTH boys.  I know that someday that will be a cozy, happy activity... but for now it looks something like this:


Linking up with Like Mother, Like Daughter

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful family! I love the cake, it IS so pretty..and the"reading" photo is classic!

    ReplyDelete